The ImagineNation Challenges seek to inspire, provoke, and promote innovation in health and health care and foster a community of innovators in Canada.
While each ImagineNation Challenge is different, they all share the same ultimate goal: to improve the quality of care and the patient experience.
Launched in 2011, the ImagineNation Challenges have ranged from generating ideas to supporting adoption and use to measuring the impact of digital health in Canada.
After 12 Challenges, we have received over 450 entries representing more than 400 individuals/organizations nation-wide and distributed over $2.3 million in awards. Together, the Challenge community – consisting of nurses, doctors, researchers, health care administrators and others – has logged more than 74 million uses of digital health solutions. They have answered health care questions, adopted and spread the use of new technologies, and put their best ideas forward – all with the purpose of improving patient experiences and outcomes.
Infoway works with national organizations to help shape the Challenges through expert advice, and promoting Challenge participation and results.
Engaged Patient Challenge
Data Impact Challenge II
Data Impact Challenge
Public Health Social Media Challenge
e-Connect Impact Challenge
Patient Impact Challenge
Career Impact Challenge
Business Impact Challenge
In 2015-2016, the ImagineNation Challenges celebrated its 5th Anniversary. To celebrate, Infoway produced a 5th Anniversary video and a blog series on using challenges to create change.
- Blog Post: What Sparked Five Years of Innovation?
- Blog Post: Five Years of Open Innovation at Infoway: By the Numbers
- Blog Post: Why Host a Challenge?
- Blog Post: Five Challenge Types to Drive Innovation
- Blog Post: What Motivates a Challenge Participant?
- Blog Post: The Impact of Innovation Challenges
- Blog Post: Five Years of Open Innovation at Infoway: Lessons Learned
- Blog Post: Use Our Lessons Learned to Launch Your Own Innovation Challenge