January 27, 2015 (Toronto) – Celebrating the more than 50 million times clinical teams or individual Canadians used digital health solutions over the past 12 months, Canada Health Infoway is pleased to announce the recipients of the ImagineNation e-Connect Impact Challenge Adoption Awards.
The Adoption Awards are presented to the teams whose solutions were accessed and used the most to communicate health information digitally to Canadians and authorized health care professionals, in the following four categories: e-Visits, e-Request for Prescriptions Renewals or Refills, e-Reports of Services and e-Request of Services.
These awards are one component of Infoway’s e-Connect Impact Challenge, which encourages health care providers to improve the quality of care through digital health tools.
“The Adoption Awards recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of teams who are using digital health solutions to help deliver better health care to Canadians”, said Fraser Ratchford Group Program Director, Consumer Health and Innovation at Canada Health Infoway. “Each team’s effort contributes to a more efficient and effective health care system.”
Congratulations to the recipients of the Adoption Awards:
- e-Visits: Provides Canadians access to a private, secure and digital two-way interaction with their health care provider.
- First place – Medeo
- Second place – miDASH
- Third place – Wellx
- e-Request for Prescriptions Renewals or Refills: Allows patients to digitally request prescription renewals or refills from their health care provider.
- First place – Community MD
- Second place – miDASH
- e-Reports of Services: Enables regulated clinicians to electronically provide reports about the services a patient received to other authorized care providers.
- First place – ClinicalConnect
- Second place – Interior Health Authority
- Third place – The Oshawa Clinic
- e-Requests for Services: Allows authorized health care providers to securely send electronic requests from one health care provider to another to request health care services for their patient.
- First place – The Ottawa Hospital
- Second place -The Oshawa Clinic
- Third place – Otn.teledermSF
Coming up next in the Challenge:
The e-Connect Impact Challenge closes on March 31, 2015, so there’s still time to participate and qualify for other awards and incentives:
- The Max Impact Award – Until March 2015, $1,000 will be awarded to the top three teams in any category who increased the number of uses of their solution the most in the previous month.
- The Overall Impact Awards – Up to $400,000 is available for the top three teams in each category of the Challenge who increased the use of their solution the most throughout the Challenge period.
About the ImagineNation Challenge Series:
The Infoway ImagineNation Challenges were unveiled in 2011 with a vision to inspire, provoke, and promote innovation in health and health care in Canada. Although each challenge is different, they all share the same ultimate goal: to improve quality of care and the patient experience using digital health.
The e-Connect Impact Challenge is currently open and runs until March 31, 2015. This Challenge is encouraging health providers to digitally connect with their patients and each other.
Infoway works with leading Canadian health organizations to help shape the Challenges by providing expert advice, encouraging participation, and promoting the Challenges and the results. These organizations are:
- Accreditation Canada
- Canadian Dental Association (CDA)
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI)
- Canadian Home Care Association
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Population and Public Health (CIHR-IPPH)
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA)
- Health Action Lobby (HEAL)
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP Canada)
- Patients Canada
- Patients for Patient Safety Canada
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
About Canada Health Infoway:
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver better quality and access to care and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
For more information:
Director, Media Relations
Canada Health Infoway
Tel: (416) 595-3424