1 Challenge Context and Statement
2 Challenge Questions
3 How to Participate
7 Obligations of all Participants
8 Obligations applicable to Award Recipients
10 License of Rights to Submission
11 Liability/Indemnification/Interference with the Challenge or Challenge Website
12 Use of Personal Information
14 Linked Sites
15 Interpretation of Definitions
16 Award Decisions and Appeals
17 Supremacy of the Rules
Canadians want to play an active role in managing their health, and recognize that digital health tools, such as electronic access to their results or messaging their clinical team, can help them do it. Studies show that being an engaged patient can lead to better health outcomes, and that digital health enables active participation as a member of the health care team.
The Engaged Patient Challenge (“the Challenge”) will gather perspectives from patients, caregivers and family members on how digital health can empower them to be an engaged partner. Participants will also be asked how they will share the experiences they will gain from participating in the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference.
Participants with the strongest entries will be awarded scholarships to attend the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference.
How can digital health empower and engage you as a patient, caregiver or family member? How will you use your experience and insights from the Digital Health Week Public Forum and the 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference?
- Those who are eligible may enter this Challenge by registering and completing the entry form for the Engaged Patient Challenge at http://imaginenationchallenge.ca/engaged-patient-challenge/, before 3:00 pm ET on September 19, 2016.
- Anyone who makes a submission (a “Participant”) must agree to the Engaged Patient Challenge Rules (the “Challenge Rules”), which includes providing Infoway with the right to publish the submission.
- The Participant must complete all fields in the entry form in either English or French.
- Only one submission per Participant will be accepted.
To participate in the Challenge, the Participant must:
- Be a patient, caregiver or family member, with a perspective on the role of digital health;
- Be a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in the province or territory in which he or she resides as of September 30, 2016;
- Be able to travel to Toronto to attend and actively participate in the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and the 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference on November 15-17, 2016 (travel expenses paid by Infoway as further detailed in section 5 – Awards);
- Describe in his/her submission only personal experiences of the Participant either as a patient or as a caregiver to friends or family.
- Not be an ineligible party. Parties ineligible to participate in this Challenge are:
- Current Infoway employees, directors, officers, contractors, and consultants and their immediate family members, and all persons with whom they reside;
- Directors, officers, employees and agents of Idea Crossing, their immediate family members and respective partners, affiliates, divisions and subsidiaries, and all persons with whom they reside;
- Challenge judges, their immediate family members, and all persons with whom they reside;
- For the purposes of the Challenge: “immediate family member” is defined as a spouse, a common law partner, his/ her dependent children as well as the dependent children of his/ her spouse or common-law partner.
In order to be eligible for an award, the Participant must meet all of the terms and conditions described in these Rules.
Infoway reserves the right to refuse a submission from a Participant whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
- Up to five eligible Participants will receive an award to the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and the 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference, occurring November 15-17, 2016 in Toronto, Ontario.
- Each award includes:
- complimentary registration, hotel accommodation at the Delta Toronto Hotel, and transportation to and from the Delta Toronto Hotel from the Participant’s location within Canada;
- up to $288.30 to cover meals and incidentals, which will be provided in advance.
- Travel will be arranged by Infoway in consultation with each award recipient and in accordance with Infoway travel policies.
- The number of awards available will be determined by the number and quality of the submissions received, and the cost of providing each award.
A panel of judges will use the following criteria to evaluate each submission:
- Has a compelling viewpoint on digital health – 40%
- Clearly articulates how they will use their experience attending Digital Health Week 2016 and 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference events to make an impact – 30%
- Overall quality of the submission- 30%
Final selection will include consideration for achieving geographic representation and representation of the various roles in the patient experience (for example, patient, caregivers, family members).
Award recipients will be notified by phone of their selection by October 7, 2016, and must confirm their acceptance by email or phone and ability to attend and participate in the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and the 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference by 3 pm ET on October 12, 2016.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the Participant must meet all of the terms and conditions described in these Challenge Rules.
The Participant agrees to keep his identification credentials confidential and is liable for any use of his/her account resulting from non-compliance with this obligation.
Award recipients may be invited to participate in additional activities to communicate and share their submission and experience, for example through a webinar and/or social media.
Infoway may verify or request that a third party verify the information provided in a submission to ensure compliance with these Challenge Rules at any time for any reason. Any Participant found to be in violation of these Challenge Rules will be informed of the violation and will have three (3) business days to address the violation to the satisfaction of Infoway and/or the Challenge auditors. Infoway, in its sole discretion, will determine the appropriate course of action, which may include disqualifying the Participant in question from the Challenge, in addition to exercising all rights and remedies allowed by law.
Infoway reserves the right to disqualify a Participant from the Challenge if Infoway reasonably believes that a Participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or has tampered with any of Infoway’s websites, the submission process, the judging process, has violated these Rules, acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or annoys, abuses, threatens, or harasses Infoway, its Supporting Organizations (organizations that support and promote the Challenge), its representatives or any other Challenge Participant, or if a Participant provides (or Infoway has reasonable grounds to believe that an Participant provided) any information that is inaccurate, erroneous, not current, or incomplete.
If an award recipient is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules, the recipient will be disqualified, and all rights of the Participant to the award will be forfeited. If this occurs, Infoway may, at its sole discretion, select another award recipient from the remaining eligible Participants.
By entering the Challenge, the Participant (i) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights and licenses, in and to all material provided as part of his/her submission in the course of the registration process and the Challenge (the “Material”) and is able to grant the licenses below; and (ii) grants the following nonexclusive, unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up and irrevocable licenses:
- To Infoway, its licensees, successors and assigns to access, reproduce, distribute, display, communicate or make available to the public, or otherwise use any Material whether as submitted or with any modifications, in any format, on any medium and by any means including means that may become known in the future (each, a “Use”), for the purposes of promoting and/or sharing the Participant’s submission and the experience of the Challenge; and
- To any person accessing the Challenge Website to use any Material, but solely for non-commercial purposes, as submitted (without any modification), provided that, where reasonable in the circumstances, the name of the Participant, as disclosed as part of the registration process, is associated with any such Use.
The foregoing licenses extend to all rights that may be conferred in the future with respect to any part of the Material, that any Participant (or successor and assigns) may own, control or obtain.
Subject to the limitation set forth in paragraph 10(2) above, the Participant hereby irrevocably waives any moral rights that he/she may have in the Material to the full extent allowed under any applicable laws..
The rights granted herein shall be granted without any compensation other than that specifically provided in these Challenge Rules.
The Participant must ensure that he/she has received the written permission from any and all persons named in the submission, relating to any and all information on such person, including but not limited to personal information.
No responsibility is assumed by Infoway, its advertising and promotional agencies and supporting organizations, their respective directors, officers, employees and representatives, for any disruption to on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or the failure of any submission to be received because of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, as well as for any lost, incomplete, destroyed, misdirected, illegible or late submission which was not received, for any reason whatsoever.
Infoway and its supporting organizations are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors and may terminate, modify, extend any portion of, or withdraw, this Challenge, at any time and for any reasonable cause whatsoever, without requirement of individual notice and without liability. Any changes to these Challenge Rules will be posted on the Challenge Website.
Infoway reserves the right to modify the Challenge (including, but not limited to, extending any portion of the Challenge) these Challenge Rules, and to cancel this Challenge for any reasonable cause whatsoever including, but not limited to, in the event of technical corruption, virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other technical problems which may arise from time-to-time which in Infoway’s opinion undermine or destroy the integrity of this Challenge. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Infoway or its supporting organizations, resulting from user attempts to participate in this Challenge or if required, download any information necessary to participate in this Challenge. In the event of a dispute regarding an online submission, the submission will be deemed submitted by the Participant at the time logged on the Challenge Website.
If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of being conducted as intended by Infoway, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, Infoway may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any Participant responsible for such misconduct and may then cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or interfere with the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Infoway reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all responsible persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering this Challenge, the Participant agrees to hold Infoway, its supporting organizations, their respective directors, officers, employees and representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising directly or indirectly out of or in any way connected with this Challenge and/or the awards(s) provided.
By entering the Challenge, the Participant releases Infoway and its supporting organizations, directors, officers, employees, and representativeness from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, those related to personal injury, death, damage to property, infringement of proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy or defamation) arising out of or in connection with:
- entering and participating in the Challenge;
- the information submitted;
- the outcome of the Challenge and/or
- accepting any award.
By participating in this Challenge, the Participant agrees to be bound by these Challenge Rules and the decisions of the judges and Infoway.
By entering a submission in the Challenge, the Participant consents to the collection and use by Infoway of his/her personal information in order to process the submission and administer the Challenge, including the granting of any awards.
The Participant consents to the publication on the Challenge Website of his/her first and last name, city of residence, and submission, which information is mandatory in order to participate in the Challenge.
The Participant agrees that entering the Challenge constitutes permission for, and Participant’s consent to, Infoway, its agencies and representatives using his/her submission, names and/or likenesses for advertising, and promotional, publicity and educational purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review, or consent, unless prohibited by law.
The Participant recognizes and agrees that the personal information he/she provides may be stored on servers located outside of Canada (including in the United States) where the level of data privacy protection may not be the same as in Canada.
The section headings of these Challenge Rules are included solely for convenience and are not intended to be full or accurate descriptions of the content thereof and will not affect the interpretation of these Challenge Rules.
The Challenge and the terms and conditions contained in these Challenge Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The parties hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
Any litigation respecting the awarding of an award or this Challenge must be initiated before the courts in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
This Challenge is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
The Challenge Website may contain links to Websites of third parties that are not controlled by Infoway. Infoway provides these links simply as a convenience, but does not endorse the linked Websites or their contents. These Websites are governed by privacy policies (if any) of the organization controlling these Website(s). Any visit to these Websites is at the sole risk of the persons accessing same.
Infoway may, from time to time, make clarifications with regard to these Challenge Rules. These will be available at www.imaginenationchallenge.ca.
All decisions regarding this Challenge and the selection of the Award Recipients are final and without any right of appeal.
Where any discrepancy exists between these Challenge Rules and other documents issued or provided in the context of the Challenge, these Challenge Rules shall prevail.