The Patient Impact Challenge seeks to share the impact of digital health on patients and their caregivers.
How to Participate
- Submit a written response of up to 250 words along with a photo (optional) on the Challenge website explaining how health IT in Canada has improved your health, health care, or experience as a patient or caregiver for friends or family.
- Entrants must agree to the challenge rules and give permission to Infoway to use the submission.
- Submissions must describe true events personally experienced by the entrant as a patient or unpaid caregiver to friends or family.
- The judges will evaluate the entries based on the following criteria:
- Potential impact for motivating and inspiring others
- The quality of the submission
Who can Submit?
- Any Canadian resident of the age of majority in their province or territory may enter the challenge.
- Current and recent Infoway employees and Challenge judges, along with their immediate family, are ineligible. See FAQ for more details.
- In order to be eligible for an award, the entrant must meet all of the terms and conditions described in the Rules.
- Up to 10 of the most compelling entries as determined by a panel of judges will receive $500.
- All qualified entries received before June 28 at 3:00 p.m. ET will be entered in a random draw for five awards of $50.
- All qualified entries received before July 31 at 3:00 p.m. ET will be entered in a random draw for five awards of $50.
- From August 7 to August 21, 2013, the public will vote on their favourite entries. Up to three awards will be awarded by the public: the submission receiving the most votes will receive $250, the second-most $150, and the third-most $100. UPDATE: Voting period begins August 15 at 3 p.m. ET and ends August 29 at 3 p.m. ET.
July 31, 2013, 3:00 p.m. ET