The ImagineNation Public Health Social Media Challenge sought to inspire public health organizations in Canada to use social media initiatives in creative and innovative ways to improve public health.
Social media tools provide powerful new ways for public health organizations to interact with their community. They have the potential to improve reach, increase engagement, and provide tailored experiences for particular individuals and communities.
The Challenge period concluded on Tuesday September 30, 2014 and the recipients have been announced!
The award recipients of the Judges’ Choice Awards and the Judges’ Award for Innovation are:
- First place: Toronto Public Health, condomTO
- Second place: Sudbury District Health Unit, Childhood Immunization
- Third place (Tie): Canadian Blood Services, GiveBlood Mobile App
- Third place (Tie): Parachute, #StopTheClock
- Judges’ Award for Innovation: Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit’s Sexual Health Program, Talk Sex with a Nurse
Click here to learn more about all the participating teams.